Structural Project Engineer
Structural Project Engineer will work independently through all phases of projects, including design, construction documentation and construction administration for building and nonbuilding structures. Work assignments will consist of new buildings, renovation, adaptive reuse and repair of existing light industrial, commercial, institutional and residential buildings, including single-family houses and multi-family developments. Candidate must be proficient designing structures of common structural materials (structural steel, concrete, masonry and wood) and capable of learning to design less-common materials (stainless steel, light-gage steel, aluminum, plastics and obsolete systems).
This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, self-motivated enthusiastic structural engineer looking for a position with growth potential. Candidate will work closely with clients (architects, engineers, owners, contractors, manufacturers, lawyers, etc.) and should have a team-oriented attitude. This position requires exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Four (4) to ten (10) years’ experience in structural engineering.
- P.E. preferred; EIT/FE Certificate required (must be able to attain P.E. within two years of hire).
- Candidate will be available for work 40 hours per week; 5-days per week.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (knowledge of BIM/Revit a plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of at least one Finite Element Analysis program (STAAD, RAM, RISA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of IBC, IRC, ASCE-7, AISC, ACI-318, NDS, and ACI-530 (Masonry Code).
- Local travel required; travel expenses are reimbursable.
- Must be able to work safely on construction sites, and in attics, crawlspaces and on roofs to perform site reconnaissance.
Essential Structural Engineering, LLC provides creative structural engineering solutions for building, restoration and special structures projects. Essential’s projects are diverse, ranging from conventional forms of commercial, institutional and residential buildings to non-conventional structural forms such as equipment, equipment enclosures, equipment supports, solar panel supports and museum exhibits. Essential handles projects of all sizes by delivering timely and professional structural engineering services coupled with excellent client experiences. Essential Structural Engineering strives to achieve great client satisfaction through high-quality structural engineering.
Candidate should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format via email. Candidate must be available to interview in-person.
No calls or recruiters, please.